Assess. Implement. Save.
Are you ready for the third ESOS compliance period?
The Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) is a mandatory energy assessment scheme for large enterprises, introduced by the UK government to increase energy efficiency. Under the scheme, large companies and organisations are required to assess their overall energy usage and carry out energy audits to identify cost-effective ways to save energy – every four years.
The ESOS scheme is managed by the Environment Agency in England, the Northern Ireland Environment Agency, the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, and Natural Resources Wales. Organisations must notify the Environment Agency by a set deadline to confirm that they have complied with their ESOS regulations. The deadline for the next ESOS compliance period is 31 December 2022.
Your organisation will need to comply with ESOS if:
- You have over 250 employees, or
- A turnover of over £44.1m or an annual balance sheet of over £37.9m
- You’re an overseas organisation with over 250 employees in the UK
- Your company is part of a larger organisation, which falls into any of the categories above
You don’t need to carry out an ESOS assessment if your organisation is fully covered by ISO 50001. However, you will need to notify the Environment Agency that you’re compliant with ESOS.
We’re here to help
We were one of the first companies in the UK to gain the ESOS Lead Assessor qualification required to carry out, oversee and review energy audits and overall ESOS assessments.
Our expert lead assessors support you throughout the whole process. From assessing your energy usage and carrying out energy audits, to recommending and implementing cost-effective energy-efficiency measures.
Our bespoke service includes:
- An initial FREE scoping report
- All necessary energy audits and assessments for ESOS compliance
- Fully compliant ESOS reports with a full list of energy saving recommendations
- Support to submit your ESOS notification of compliance to the Environment Agency including an evidence pack to record and show how you’ve complied.