Score. Award. Highlight.
What would BREEAM certification mean for your project?
BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) certification is an internationally recognised sustainability standard helping developers create more sustainable, innovative places to live and work.
Successfully completing a BREEAM assessment means that your development has met a benchmark standard for best practice in sustainable building design and that your development is designed and constructed to a standard which far exceeds current Building Regulations.
Certification gives you documented and traceable proof that your design teams have considered the full scope of environmental and social impacts for your development and have put measures in place to mitigate them.
How does BREEAM work?
BREEAM is a credit-based design and assessment method and rating system used to generate a specific sustainability performance rating for the building – ranging from a “Pass” to an “Outstanding” rating. The areas assessed include:
- Management – overall policy and procedures
- Health and Wellbeing – internal environmental issues including internal air quality, thermal comfort and acoustics
- Energy – operational energy consumption, carbon emissions and energy efficiency
- Transport – sustainable transport options and accessibility to local amenities
- Water – consumption, monitoring and leak detection
- Materials – environmental implications of material selection and long-term durability
- Land Use and Ecology – greenfield and brownfield site selection and ecological enhancement of the site
- Waste – waste management issues through construction to building occupation
- Pollution – air, water, light and noise pollution issues
We’re here to help
Our fully qualified and licensed BREEAM assessors (including BREEAM Accredited Professionals) support developers throughout the UK and internationally. We provide clear guidance through all stages of BREEAM assessment and help you complete all the requirements for successful certification, including:
- Identifying the right BREEAM scheme for your development
- Officially registering your assessment
- Assessing the design, specification and final installation
- Undertaking the formal assessment and calculating your score and rating
- Producing the final assessment report needed for certification
We work closely with you throughout the whole assessment process, from making sure everyone involved knows what’s required, to facilitating meetings and regular reporting, to liaising with BRE on your behalf.
Our experienced team can help you with all areas of BREEAM, for any size and complexity of development, including additional services such as Energy Performance Certificates, ecologist surveys and low carbon technology feasibility studies.
As well as BREEAM assessments, we also provide consultancy and advice services to improve and maximise the BREEAM rating for your development, delivered by our BREEAM Accredited Professionals.
We also offer Building Life Cycle Assessments using Impact complaint software as a support service for maximising BREEAM credits in relation to material specification and embodied carbon.