Purpose of the Role:
The principle responsibilities and reason for this position is to help GENEX price and deliver all remedial works identified as part of the company’s ongoing water hygiene works and risk assessments. The role will be required to price and quote to our respective client all remedial works identified and to both manage and aid in the delivery of these works.
The employee will be responsible for the effective management and implementation of the following water management and energy services:
- Extracting of information from site reports and risk assessments conducted by the GENEX team and or others to allow such works to be quoted.
- Estimation of parts and labour requirement for all identified works.
- Production of quotation to be sent to clients
- Managing deliver of appointed works to expected KPI’s
- Managing a team of plumbers to ensure the specified works is delivered with zero defects
- Assisting in the delivery of the specified works
- Training and mentoring of GENEX staff to aid in staff development.
- Producing defect reports.
- Visiting corporate accounts and building and maintaining relationships with clients at all levels.
- Specifying and project managing works in relation to legionella and water services remedial works.
- Providing technical advice and guidance to both team members and GENEX site operatives on the requirements of HSEs ACOP L8 / HSG 274 Parts 1 to 3.
- Obtaining quotations from sub-contractors for and tenders for small and remedial works.
- Maintaining and validating site records for required maintenance activities.
- Complying with the requirements of the Legionella Control Association.
- Co-ordinating and supervising in house and on-site contractor site activities with other ongoing site activities.
- Closed circuit sampling and dosing
- Experience of pricing and estimating small plumbing works
- Experience of undertaking plumbing remedial works
- Must be computer literate and conversant with major software including, word processing and spreadsheet packages.
- Good interpersonal communication, management and organisational skills.
- A thorough knowledge of current legislation and guidance on the control of legionella bacteria and water quality is also required.
- Have thorough knowledge of HSEs ACOP L8 / HSG 274 / HTM 04-01
- Understand the requirements of the Legionella Control Association Membership.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues and the need for safe methods of working.
- A full UK driving license is essential to be considered for this position.
- Previous of experience and successful deliver of similar role.
- Experience of sampling and dosing of CHW and LTHW circuits.
- NVQ Level 2 – Plumbing
- Legionella Awareness Training
- Asbestos Awareness Training
Ability to work well within a team environment but still able to work under own initiative with limited supervision.
It is expected that the employee will keep abreast of any legislative changes and will implement any change in working practices into the daily operations.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not intended to be exhaustive, it is expected that the post holder will be flexible in the duties that he or she will perform.