Purpose of the Role:
The Principle responsibilities and reason for this position is to help GENEX deliver all services in connection with energy and carbon management to ensure that both GENEX and its clients are fully compliant with the current legislative requirements.
The employee will be responsible for the effective management and implementation of the following water management and energy services:
- Benchmarking energy consumption against best practice guidelines
- Carrying out site inspections and completing energy surveys
- Collecting energy monitoring data and keeping accurate records
- Creating energy policies and systems
- Dealing with energy contract negotiations
- Developing and overseeing strategies to reduce energy consumption
- Encouraging the use of renewable and sustainable energy resources
- Keeping up to date with energy legislation
- Negotiating with contractors and external stakeholders
- Overseeing carbon management
- Raising the profile of energy conservation
- Sharing advice and providing training on energy efficiency.
- To provide technical advice and guidance to both team members and GENEX site operatives in relation to current energy and carbon management good practice.
- Managing a team of engineers allocating workloads and assisting in technical supervision.
- To obtain/provide quotations / tenders for the small remedial / works.
- Visiting corporate accounts and building / maintaining relationships with clients at all levels.
- Must be computer literate and conversant with major software including, word processing and spreadsheet packages.
- Good interpersonal communication, management and organisational skills.
- A thorough knowledge of current energy and carbon management legislation.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of current and future environmental legislation
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues and the need for safe methods of working.
- A full UK driving license is essential to be considered for this position.
- In depth knowledge and successful experience of dealing with corporate accounts and clients.
- Able to exercise initiative and prioritise duties accordingly.
- Able to work to a high standard against agreed timescales with limited supervision.
- Good communication, management and organisational skills.
- Willingness to work away from home during working week.
- Understanding of ISO 50001
- Experience and knowledge of evaluating water chemistry with cooling towers and closed systems
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- (Training will be provided by GENEX under Training loan programme):
- Registered Commercial EPC Assessor.
- Degree related to Building Services or Energy Management
- ESOS Lead Assessor.
- BREEAM Assessor
- Low Carbon Consultant
- DEC Assessor
- Ability to work well within a team environment but still able to work under own initiative with limited supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients at all levels.
- Clean, tidy and honest
- It is expected that the employee will keep abreast of any legislative changes and will implement any change in working practices into the daily operations.
- Working away from home during the working week will form an integral part of this post.
- Training will be provided by GENEX in order to meet the expectations of this post. It should however be noted that if the candidate leaves GENEX employment within 12 months of the respective training course then the costs associated to the external training will be reclaimed direct from the candidates salary.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not intended to be exhaustive, it is expected that the post holder will be flexible in the duties that he or she will perform.